Friday, August 13, 2010

Journey to Spoleto

Today was a very long day. Short Itinerary: ATL --> LHR (London Heathrow) --> FCO (Rome- Fiumicino) Bus to Termini Stazione, and train to Spoleto.

A few notes jotted on my journey:

59 degrees Fahrenheit in London. Shivering. Not a real August if you ask me. Seemed abnormally easy getting in the UK and Italy. No lines for customs; barely a customs at all. Took €8 bus from Fiumicino to Rome Termini Stazione. Heard "Yeah" by Usher (Zack Taylor's favorite song) on the radio in the bus. Surrounded by Australians, Brits, Germans, Asians. Much hotter in Rome, PTL. All I want is a shower. Forcing myself to learn Italian. The gypsy woman "helped" me buy my train ticket to Spoleto so I needed to help feed her bambino (boy). I know enough Italian to understand street begging when I hear it. On the train. Quiet. The Lazio country side in a hazy sunset. Get off train in Spoleto. Clueless as to where my hotel is. I noticed I missed the bus. I walk into il centro historico. I ask a woman, who asked a man to point me in the right direction. I arrive in the hotel with a wonderful view and windows that open to the fresh cool air. Shower and sleep. God is so good to bless me in this incredible way.

Psalms 139:9-10 "If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there you hand shall lead me, and you right hand shall hold me."

So glad to be in the room.
La stanza doppia
the views @ night from my window!

2 comments:

  1. love you AlexAnder. It's all about the journey. Madre Gearhard

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to hear that His word is comforting and guiding you! Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete